Sunday, April 20, 2008

A Few (pictures) Of My Favorite Things

I admit it, I'm strange. Most of you are aware of at least a few of my abnormalities. I wear bright, neon green high tops, I like brussels sprouts, and whales scare me. Today I'm sharing yet another peculiarity: I like moss. No doubt you are wondering why. I wondered myself when I was snapping picture after picture of mossy trees, mossy rocks, mossy walls, and mossy logs when we were in San Francisco. Seeing all that lush, green vegetation had me feeling almost poetic. And being even 'almost' poetic is something for Abigail Cavie, let me tell ya (I didn't actually write a poem as the only rhyme I could think of for moss was floss). The truth is I don't know why I like moss - I just do. Its so green, and soft, and... well, mossy. Some girls like daffodils, roses, and tulips, but not me. If I ever lay dying on a sickbed, forget the orchids. Send me a bouquet of moss.






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will have to say--that is some very impressive moss!!
L. Cloud

Laura said...

When you get a house of your own you can be like Nori Burnett a.k.a. "Moss Lady" http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/shows_grd/episode/0,,HGTV_3849_55474,00.html AND http://www.mossacres.com/

Bolo said...

My, my, my! A most myopic melange of mossiness, mademoiselle!