Monday, May 14, 2007

George


I love my George Foreman grill. Someone gave us a big family size George Foreman grill a few years ago. The first thing I cooked on it was boneless skinless chicken breasts. They were so dry. I thought burgers turned out the same way. So it ended up being a great grilled cheese maker (I always burned them before) that took up a lot of room in my small kitchen. So I put it away and didn't use it much. Then when I started brining my chicken (thank you, Cook's Illustrated) I tried them again. MUCH better. Two of my favorite things to cook on "George" now are bacon and asparagus. Bacon is great! All the fat drains into the little tray and you can save it for your southern style green beans and cornbread. :) It turns out crispy and wonderful. Another thing I just discovered that's great on George is fresh asparagus. Clean and trim, toss with 1T or so olive oil, salt and pepper. Cook on George for about 7 minutes. Sprinkle with freshly grated parmasan. Wow! Even the folks in our family who said they didn't like asparagus liked it. Another tip if you are running in the house without a clue as what to fix for supper--frozen chicken breasts, sausage patties, etc.--cook really fast; you won't believe it. Try it, you'll like it. The Internet is full of recipes. What do you like to cook on George?

6 comments:

Jeff said...

Andrea and I do panini and garlic bread on ours.

Before we married I often used Lawry's 30 Minute Marinades with chicken breasts and cooked them on the GFG. They usually turned out really well.

Shelli said...

We're not real creative with our George! But we do use it for all hamburgers and they turn out fine, not too dry. We add Zesty Italian dressing to the meat and it gives it flavor and keeps it moist.

Judy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Judy said...

I don't own a George! I have a Donnie and we know he doesn't cook!! LOL!! Well, okay, he cooks on HIS OWN grill.

Anonymous said...

I'm with Judy, only I have a Mike. He does great on the grill. He can do gas or charcoal! Very diverse. Laura

Sarah said...

Justin loves to cook texas toast in our George... also we use it for hotdogs in the winter time when it's too cold to grill outdoors :)