Thursday night, I went with Josie and Marie to Margaret's house to have a Royal Wedding party. We ate cake and stayed up into the wee hours of the morning watching Prince William and Kate's biography. Then we went to sleep at 1:00am, and got back up at 4:00am in time to see the guests start to arrive for the wedding. We, of course, though unable to attend the royal wedding in London (just too much hassle, you know?), tuned in through the telly and wore our hats. =)
the adorable little wedding cakes (made by Margaret)
The next morning, we ate scones, cookies, and drank tea as the wedding ceremony began.
the Prince William and Princess Kate wedding cookies
We had quite a lovely time. No matter what people say about the Royal Wedding, it was truly remarkable to see all of the splendor of Westminster Abbey, the fabulous array of different hats, and to witness a real-life fairy tale take place, as Kate Middleton arrived at the Abbey a commoner, and left a Princess.

3 comments:
Oh what fun!
I just saw this for the first time!! I love it, Steph!!!
Thanks, Margaret! I realized I didn't get any photos of you. =( Well, except the ones of you deflating the air mattress, and I didn't think you'd like for me to post those here. ;)
Post a Comment