Friday, October 30, 2009


Individual leaves on the trees
Crud around my sink faucet
Much hair on my bathroom floor (thank you RAI cancer therapy)
Cobwebs on the dining room light fixture
The beautiful grain variation in the wood floor
Street signs
Different shades of black
A navy blue shirt I thought was black
The clock in the middle of the night!
The dirt in my shower
Beautiful contrast of tree branches against colored leaves
The clock on the stove from the living room
Aqua and green moss on beautiful tree bark
Massive dirt on the side of our island, no one told me about!
Walls that need to be painted
Wrinkles
The Menu on the wall at Wendy's
Intensity of color
What's under the dark bathroom sink
Cool signs that hang over the aisles at the grocery store

I never knew what I was missing until I had cataract surgery last week. I can't describe how wonderful it is. My vision in my right eye has gone from 20/500 to 20/20. Everything is so clear and bright! It feels like I've come out of a cave into a whole new world. The girls are running from me due to all of the extra cleaning I am finding for us to do. My heart is filled with Thanksgiving to my Lord for my new sight.
~Cris

5 comments:

bauerpower said...

i thought at first you were writing an autumn poem. after i read the 4th item i knew it had to be things you were seeing anew. i am glad you are seeing things all over again.

chris said...

i know exactly how you feel. i had lasik surgery 11 years ago, and since then, my vision has been so clear and my night vision is excellent. it is a tremendous blessing to be able to see, and most people take it for granted.

Unknown said...

And you left out the part that you can't stop smiling--with good reason! I'm really happy for you.
Laura

Judy said...

and I won't be inviting you to my house anytime soon!!! lol
So glad it has been a wonderful experience..you needed it and so deserve it!!! Our God is an AWESOME God....

Ben Hottel said...

Praising God with you that the surgery went well!