Thursday, September 25, 2008

Free Entertainment!

I don’t know about you, but I could sure use a break. And I have just the ticket: Free admission for you and a guest at any one of hundreds of museums and cultural venues nationwide. And if you need more than two tickets, others in your party can get the same thing—free admission for themselves and a guest.
The Smithsonian is sponsoring Museum Day this Saturday, Sept. 27. Just go to Smithsonian.com/MuseumDay. Click on "Find a Venue" to check out what is available in your area. Fill out the admission card, submit, then print your free pass. There is only one problem - Columbus is such a cow town. There are only two venues listed for Columbus, Ohio, and one dosen't even count! Pittsburgh had 6 or 7 listed. Friends here have said Columbus is a great place to live, but not a great place to visit. Every time we have company we rack our brains trying to think of things to do here. So take a break and take advantage of Free Museum Day. Thank you Smithsonian!

7 comments:

Laura said...

Thank you! We're always looking for good, cheap & fun things to do. Granted the weather is about to turn cold, but we've found the Columbus Frisbee Golf courses to be a perfect family outing. http://www.ohiodiscgolf.org/courses/list/bycitycolumbus/

The Mrs. said...

Is the "think of thinks" a Dr. Seuss reference? Thanks for thinking of sharing your museum discovery!

Cavie Family said...

Yikes, I wish it was. No, my proof reader is out of town. But there is a book called "Oh, The Thinks you can Think!"
http://www.amazon.com/Thinks-Think-Dr-Seuss-Board-Books/dp/0001720635
But I guess you know that! :)

Unknown said...

So, which one are you going to go to?

Judy said...

and Roanoke has one...now who lives in a cow town!! LOL

Terry Gargano Coffey said...

Wish I had gone to your blog a bit earlier....it is now 5am Sunday, one day late....and I guess a dolla short.

:(

Terry Gargano Coffey said...

I win the contest; I would have to drive a minimum of 60 miles to go to one of the venues in Mississippi