Why do I need to know that protons and neutrons are in the nucleus of an atom? Why should I care whether electrons orbit in fixed circles or not? How will knowing the maximum number of electrons an orbital can hold help me succeed in life? You can't even see the darn things! -Abby
6 comments:
Why should you care? Well, let’s see if the electrons don’t stay in their orbitals you’ll fall apart. You’ll be a radical cation to begin with—ha, nerdy chemistry humor.
Why should you know any of it? Just as you can not see the majestic beauty of the multiple galaxies that God created in the cosmos with your naked eye, at the other end of the spectrum there is just as much a beauty in creation at the atomic level which you can not see with your eye as well. The complexity and precise balance required for the stability of an atom is a display of God’s glorious power in creation, not to mention the mind boggling consideration of how much power He packed in the nucleus of those tiny atoms which is revealed when you try to split the atom (think mushroom clouds).
A better question, would the world be any worse off without Jane Austen novels??? (yes my tongue is firmly planted in my cheek)
and all I was going to say is because we all had to learn it...welcome to the real world..LOL. Aunt Judy
Well, I was going to "amen" you but after M's comment, I guess I'd better not!
Here's a reason, though -- you can learn all of this now so that you can help teach my children when they need to learn! :) I did absolutely awful in chemistry (well, science in general)!
What about nouns, adverbs, adjectives, and verbs. You can't see those and you have to learn about them! I could never find them anyways! I would rather talk about protons and neutrons anyday over grammer. ~Meredith :)
Well, I don't remember any of that stuff, and I'm doing just fine! So far...
Ditch all that stuff and learn about coffee...it's a much more rewarding endeavor!
Post a Comment