Thursday, October 18, 2007

Teresa's Easy Chicken Pot Pie



Do you love Chicken Pot Pie but hate making the white sauce? This is a yummy and easy recipe. By the way I did not know the name of this dish was chicken POT pie until I read it in a cook book when I was an adult. I always thought it was chicken POCK pie! Kinda like forehead. I didn't know for a looong time that the space above your eye brows was called a forehead. I always thought it was a "farred". I heard someone say fore head and thought, "What is that? I guess that's part of the southern tongue. : )

Teresa's Easy Chicken Pot Pie
2 c. cooked cubed chicken
1 can cream of chicken soup
3/4 cup milk
1/2 small can Durkee French-fried onions
10 oz. frozen mixed vegetables (cooked)
1 palm full of bacon (I use canned real bacon for this)
shredded cheddar (1/2 c or so? I don't measure this)

Mix wet ingredients, combine with other ingredients. Pour ingredients in a pie pan lined with a bottom crust. Place top crust on and crimp edges, cut a few vents in top crust. Brush top crust with a little milk. Bake 45 min. or until golden brown and bubbly. Note: I like to put foil or pie shields around the outher edge of the pie. It helps pies not brown too quickly. Foil always seems to fall off and make me frustrated. These are my favorite: adjustable pie shields. I got two sets so they will work, no matter what size pie you have. The other kind that is a solid ring, just works on one size pie pan.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Sounds super yummy!

Judy said...

You need to try Billie's recipe in the RBC cookbook..it is good and looks even easier...just mix and pour....and use store bought pie crust..

Emily O. said...

POST! We are dying for news of the homeland!