
I have never been camping. That is a statement that I have been proud of all my life. I have never slept in a tent. When I married Steve he enjoyed "hanging off the side of a mountain" type camping. None of this campground type camping for him. He enjoyed the sound of the creek in his ear at night, rappelling down mountains during the day. He and a few of my friends have tried to get me to camp. I do not understand people who call sleeping outside on hard surfaces with bugs (and no, shall I say, needed "amenities") fun. My idea of camping is agreeing to stay at Motel 6 instead of a Hampton Inn. The bathrooms can be a bit grungy there you know. I could say the words "I have never been camping" until Thursday night. I was blessed to go with Steve to his Board of Trustees trip to San Francisco last week. It was a wonderful trip ‘til we were told by United Airlines that our flight had been cancelled again for the second day! That was at 1am. The ½ price motel room voucher type motels were full, and we needed to be back at the airport at 5:30 am to try to fly standby and get on a flight. We were not confirmed to get on a flight ‘til Saturday, when we were supposed to have flown out on Wednesday! So I submitted to camping! As the picture shows we shared a bedroom with a few other people. : ) After getting only two thirty minute stretches of sleep I was a bit foggy headed and grumpy. As I was trying not to grump and look on the bright side, I thought, hey there are no bugs here, and I have half a bathroom across the way! It could be worse–I could really be camping! So I guess the moral of this story for me is, never fly without an inflatable air mattress and a pillow!
3 comments:
You know, that never happens to me when I'm leaving home. Someone needs to change that, don't you think?
I really tried to miss my flight the last time, too :/
That's a great picture! Will make a nice scrapbook page huh? :)
That must have been one BIG birthday celebration..LOL!!
Post a Comment