Monday, February 12, 2007


Columbus now has a SONIC drive in! We have been hearing rumors for a year that one was coming to Whitehall and Pickerington. There is now a new Wal-Mart and Sonic in Whitehall, just west of Aldi. Sonic was the first "restaurant" in my hometown of Olive Branch Mississippi, so I hold many fond memories of Sonic. I have been dreaming of FRITO PIE! What is a Frito Pie you ask? It is a delicious, sodium laden, artery clogging concoction. We used to take a bag of Fritos, split it down the back, top it with chili, cheese and a little onion. Aaaaaah, you have to try it. They have pretty good corn dogs, not as good as Kennywood though! Sonic is not the place to save money by ordering water, they have great milkshakes and Limeade. And to top it all off.....crushed pellet ice! I have been known to drive way out of my way to get crushed ice in my fountain drink. We drove down there Friday night but it was WAY too busy. Maybe this week.......

4 comments:

-M said...

Woohoo! I couldn't get through the Tennessee summers without my slushies, Orange naturally was my favoroite ;)

And in the good old days the Sonic in my hometown had fried pickles...ooooh give me a corn dog, some tater tots and fried pickles...mmm, mmm, good.

And now they have an awesome breakfast menu...I already told the better half, since I'll be in the neighborhood Wednesday morning prayer times have now become Sonic breakfast days!

Andrea said...

Fun! There were two Sonics in Greenville, SC, when I was at college, but, alas, none in the DC area that I know of.

Bolo said...

Hmmm...can't remember the last time I was at a Sonic...well...maybe I can...but it was so long ago that I don't remember with any precision...I do kinda want to go now, though...

Anonymous said...

Yay Sonic! Mark is so happy he can have a Green Apple Slush anytime he wants.