Friday, September 01, 2006

One Book....Steve


Steve has been tagged by The Cox Girls, so after some delay, here is his response to the one book meme.

1. One book that changed your life:
The Epistle of Paul the Apostle to the Romans

2. One book that you've read more than once:
The Disposal Truck, by Anna Ratzesberger, Illustrated by Walter and Marie Popp. Cris and I read this to Jeff about 17,000 times from the time he would sit still on a lap until he learned to read by himself.

3. One book I'd want on a desert island:
The Pilgrim's Progress, by John Bunyan

4. One book that made me laugh:
Homes and Other Black Holes, by Dave Barry - actually, anything by Dave Barry

5. One book that made me cry:
Alex: The Life of a Child, by Frank Deford - story of Deford's daughter, who died in 1980 at age 8, and her struggle with cystic fibrosis.

6. One book you wish you had written:
Write a book? It's all I can do to write a sermon(or two) every week.

7. One book you wish had never been written:
The Disposal Truck, by Anna Ratzesberger, Illustrated by Walter and Marie Popp. Cris and I read this to Jeff about 17,000 times from the time he would sit still on a lap until he learned to read by himself.

8. One book you are currently reading:
God is the Gospel, by John Piper

9. One book you've been meaning to read:
Future Grace, by John Piper. I'm somewhat embarrassed that I've had this for a couple of years and still haven't read it.

Now I tag Tim Cox, Mark Clay, and Chad Stoker (this is a ploy to get the Stokers to update their blog).

2 comments:

Stoker Family said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Stoker Family said...

How could I resist a tag from my pastor?? Great ploy ... I was compelled to post something. I've posted a response and some other things on the blog.

Take care, Cavies!

Chad