The church secretary has been on vacation for the past couple of weeks, and Mrs. Cloud has been filling her position, which means that she needed a babysitter for Isaac during those weeks. So Sean Fannin and I have been taking turns watching him. And boy, has it been interesting! Quite different from playing dress up and paper dolls with Steph.On our first day we went snake hunting in the woods behind his house. Unfortunately, we didn't find any snakes (I'm not sure what I would have done with it if we did), and I spent most of the time sitting on an overturned bucket that Isaac brought along to put all his prey in.
On the second day we went down to the pond to catch bullfrogs. We were more successful this time, and after a couple of hours-- and about 15 tries--we finally caught our frog (Isaac named it Speedy Rascal). We also saw a few snakes but, thankfully, they were always too far out to catch.
Another day, we decided to play spy at the construction site behind the neighbors' house. We have also spent a great deal of time catching and killing bees and daddy long-legs. Drowning them, smashing them, impaling them, tearing off their legs, and burning them.
So, when I went to his house today I decided to bring the camera along in case we had any more adventures. We decided to go to the creek adjacent to the bullfrog pond, in an attempt to catch a few crawfish. We ended up catching eight of them. Oh, and we also had a jolly old spider hunt, and fed all our findings to the fish in the pond.
When I started babysitting him the first week I dreaded spending all day every day with Isaac. But I must admit that I have really enjoyed it, and will be disappointed when the week is over. I wouldn't even mind if the Lord blessed me with a house full of boys (I think!).
3 comments:
(: One thing I would hate is to see you in pain over the loss of Adventures. Therefore I will sacrifice only for you Abby. You can watch Karter next week for the 50 hours I watch him. Because I do believe he is a younger Isaac of sorts, except he hasn't climbed trees yet. He has no fears of snakes or anything that I know of. And he is still a terrible two at times which makes for a great adventure.
No... I wouldn't do that to anyone, he's a challenge even for me!
A house full of boys would certainly be better than a house full of girls. Five sisters...it can drive a guy insane...
Three is bad enough.
Post a Comment