Wednesday, May 31, 2006

New Shoes

As most of my family knows, I dislike shopping. A lot. In fact I have an intense dread of any shopping trip of any kind (excluding book related trips of course). Hours of trudging through malls and stores just isn't very appealing to me, and I always end up with a bad mood when it’s over. It always ends in disappointment - if you've not found what you needed you're disappointed that you wasted half your day; if on the other hand you were successful in your search it ends with you spending your hard earned money.
But sometimes shopping has its rewards. As it did on Monday. I was at Schottensteins with Mom, Em, and Steph, looking for a pair of sandals when I saw them. There they were, sitting on the shelf calling my name. I just had to get them. And I did. I don't think I've ever been so excited about a pair of shoes in my life. When I showed them to Emily, she just looked at them blankly, then gave me one of those you-have-got-to-be-kidding-me looks. And when I wore them yesterday I saw a few people looking rather strangely at my feet. But then, who wouldn't stare at such beautiful shoes? I can't keep from staring at them myself. When I was reading in my room today I had them sitting right next to me where I could see them. And I wore them all day yesterday, despite the fact that it was 91 and the Cavie girls are known for ditching socks and shoes as soon as it reaches 60.
But even though Em pretends to think I'm crazy, I know the truth. Her eye rolling and laughing is just a facade. She's just jealous because she doesn't have a pair of neon green Chuck Taylor high tops.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it!! Do you get extra credit in English for the report?! I think the picture actually reduces the BRIGHTNESS of the shoes..but a girl has to have what a girl has to have!!
AUNT JUDY

Emily O. said...

Oh my goodness...

Bolo said...

Bwahahahahaha! Go go go, Miss Maximus!

I know the "You've got to be kidding" look...I've seen it a time or two.

Brian Snyder said...

I love the shoes! I didn't know you were a baller.

Anonymous said...

Yeh for Schottenstein's! We want to keep those paychecks coming.