
It has always been a tradition at the Cavie house to dye Easter eggs. Although Jeff helped out some when he was much younger, dying easter eggs has always been more of a girl thing at the Cavie house. This year, we were short one Cavie (O'Neal) girl, and it just didn't seem quite the same. But we had fun anyway! We have always done the 69 cent dye kit from Walmart, but this year we also tried something new. We cut up some of Dad's old SILK ties, wrapped them around eggs, and boiled them. The design on the tie transfers right onto the egg. Above is a picture of the amazing results. Check out this link for all the details.
CAUTION! Ask before raiding your father's closet. :-) Jeff, this is a great way to use up all t
hose ties you accidentally dunk in your soup!
2 comments:
Oh my. I'm not sure how I feel about clothing sacrifices. The horror!
wow. who knew we could actually find a valid excuse to get rid of some old, hideous ties! I'll have to remember this for next year! (:
Post a Comment